Community Development Internship
The Hope is Alive Internship Program is an opportunity for individuals to gain a deep understanding of the HIA Culture and Values, while also developing spiritually, personally, and professionally.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Receive hands-on teaching from the entire HIA Team.
- Be assigned a mentor who will oversee your entire internship, pouring into you and building you up.
- Get up close & personal experience watching how a ministry operates.
- Ask questions, seek advice & grow in areas you desire to work in.
- Take part in learning and developmental opportunities that include events for HIA Team members and learning sessions, with the founders and other organizational leaders.
- Hands-on learning daily from all of the HIA Team. You will be a part of the entire organization! Everyone will play an active role in your development as a Hope is Alive Intern.
- Attendance at all HIA Staff Meetings, Team Days, and All-Staff Retreats!
What is it?:
- 6 month paid internship in Oklahoma City.
- 30 hours weekly.
- Full rent compensation plus $150 per week.
What is required?:
- Relocation to Oklahoma City.
- At least 6 months of sobriety.
- Full attendance at all required HIA events.
What you will leave with:
- Full understanding of HIA Culture and Values.
- Firm grasp of what it is like working for HIA.
- Sharpened skill sets in your chosen area.
- The professional experience that will bolster your future resume.
- Unmatched opportunities for growth and experience.
- A deeper understanding of who you are as a person while developing a more focused vision & purpose for your life.
PLEASE READ: An internship is not a guarantee of future employment with HIA. However, this program will prepare you holistically for future opportunities within the organization. In addition, your internship can be extended for up to 3 months at a time, if mutually agreed upon by both HIA & intern (YOU). If at anytime you do not keep up with your own HIA Program (as a resident) you can be asked to leave the internship program.