Community Outreach Coordinator Job Description
Hope is Alive is a place where everyone is welcome and the Community Outreach Coordinator has a lot to do with that. In each market, the Community Outreach Coordinator helps to integrate the community with the individual houses allowing the creation of lasting relationships built on the foundation of Christ’s love.
Overall, the Community Outreach Coordinator will ensure anyone or any group who wants to volunteer for HIA has an easy route to do so, enjoys their experience, is aggressively thanked for their service & becomes a raving fan of Hope is Alive. This job will require you to work certain nights and weekends. When this happens, we expect you to adjust your daily schedule to ensure that you are taking care of yourself, while still making sure all of your core job functions are completed on time & accurately.
- Have an ability to inspire people and keep a group motivated.
- A naturally charismatic leader who gets giddy when it is time to organize.
- Enthusiastic about teaching others how to serve and enjoy leading and working with a team.
- Love to schedule, plot, and plan and is known as a master time manager.
What is Required:
- Work with churches to establish relationships that promote volunteer engagement.
- Schedule volunteers to serve at the houses, Sunday night meetings, culture nights, HIA Olympics, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with volunteers.
- Work with volunteers to integrate them into the market.
- Create and use systems to help volunteers find the right role, serve regularly, and make sure they feel valued on a consistent basis.
- Facilitate & cultivate donor relationships.
- Life.Church Main Person of Contact
- You will be the POC for all LC activities, engagements, reporting, issues, meetings & volunteer opportunities. You will own this relationship! This means you must get to know each campus LGLM Pastor & staff member by name and develop a deep and meaningful relationship with them.
- Produce & deliver Monthly Spreadsheet Report & Success Story.
- Schedule, Coordinate, Get Residents lined-up & be present at all Life.Church Lobby weekends.
- Create new volunteer engagement events & maintain existing opportunities specifically for LC attendees.
- Work to grow new relationships with other campuses.
- Volunteer Coordination
- Prepare, produce, develop, coordinate, facilitate & properly THANK…all volunteers & engagements.
- Communicate with Program Operations Team at least 7 days in advance of any volunteer engagement activities taking place within their specific program/home.
- Assist with coordination of all volunteering / recruiting activities requiring residents.
- Sunday Night Meetings – book speakers, meals, coordinate with speakers.
- Own & oversee Meal-train & Donor Perfect databases keeping them up-to-date, alive & fresh.
- Create new volunteer opportunities & work with individuals to find specific ways that they can use their gifts & talents to help support the HIA Program.
- Attend Finding Hope OKC classes – quarterly to provide HIA Update & upcoming HIA Volunteer opportunities to attendees.
- Send out two monthly engagement emails.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depends on qualifications.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Public speaking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Public relations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations