Hope is Alive Careers
DO YOU FEEL CALLED?
It’s more than a job, it’s a CALLING that you get to live out with those on the same mission! Nothing is more exciting than moving a worthwhile mission forward, with people you LOVE!
Community Outreach Coordinator – Kansas City, KS
The Community Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for sourcing, establishing, and maintaining lasting relationships within the community to organize events and campaigns, raise funds, and secure mentorship for the program. They will also ensure a streamlined volunteer engagement process for anyone interested in volunteering for the organization.
– Engage in fundraising activities to achieve goals set by the Executive Team including prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship of of donors
– Facilitate new and ongoing partnerships and opportunities with churches and other agencies
– Create new volunteer opportunities and work with individuals to match their skills and talents with relevant tasks.
– Organize Sunday night meetings, including booking speakers, meals, set-up, tear-down, expressing gratitude, and following up.
– Manage various databases and CRMs, ensuring they are up-to-date and engaging.
– Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, mail, and packages.
– Prepare, produce, develop, coordinate, facilitate, and properly thank all volunteers and engagement activities.
– Ability to effectively communicate and establish rapport with multiple teams and modes of communications across locations to suit differing audiences.
– Assist in coordinating program residents for volunteering and recruiting activities.
– Post updates and information on social media.
– Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
– Passion for the organization and its mission.
– Natural charisma and leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate groups of people.
– Enthusiasm for teaching others how to serve and enjoy leading and working with a team.
– Positive and professional attitude.
– Reliability, responsibility, and availability.
– Self-motivation and forward-thinking.
– Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
– Ability to find local community resources and funding.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Willingness and ability to travel (in and out of state) during event seasons.
– 1 year of public speaking, sales, or public relations experience.
– Ability to work independently.
– Physical ability to perform tasks such as bending, squatting, and lifting up to 30 pounds.
– Prior experience in a fast-scaling organization.
– Familiarity with Google Suite and Salesforce.
– Experience in meeting and event planning.
Note: This job description is a general outline of the duties and responsibilities expected for this position. It is not exhaustive, and additional tasks may be assigned as needed.
You will have oversight of Hope is Alive’s Media & Marketing Team (MMT). This includes the content & creative process for HIA, incoming media requests, event materials, website development & management, marketing emails, content storage, travel schedules, budgets, team meetings, communications to other teams, administrative oversight, Board & Executive Team updates, 1:1 mentoring of MMT Team Members, equipment purchases, social media posting, video creation and clearly outlining deadlines for MMT Team Members.
● Reliable: Responsible and able to lead an established media team
● Experienced: 5 years previous experience working in a professional leadership position or in a related marketing field.
● Self-motivated: Always looking for ways to do something better; forward-thinking planner
● Organized: Strong prioritization skills with a passion for multitasking and the details
● Willing: Some nights, weekends, or overnight travel (in and out of state) may be required during certain times.
What You’ll Do:
● Prepare agenda and lead weekly team meetings
● Meet 1:1 with team members, ensuring each member is equipped with everything needed to effectively perform their duties.
● Communicate with the CEO any major issues you are seeing
● Assist with evaluation of Team Members you oversee during the 1st Quarter
● Work as primary POC for MMT with all other teams and Directors.
● Receive and set deadlines for all media and marketing requests, assign request to a team member based on expertise and current workload, or complete request personally.
● Ensure Media & Marketing requests are promptly completed & following standard MMT process.
● Ensure MMT Content & Creative tracker is accurate and updated
● Ensure all MMT Team Members are working towards achieving their objectives
● Ensure all MMT Team Members are following guidelines and duties
● Maintain brand identity
● Oversee content creation for special events and fundraisers, including logos, color schemes, videos, and branding for each event
● Coordinate special marketing projects such as magazines, booklets, brochures, etc.
● Assist in managing and maintaining website, including analytics and reporting
● Liaison with external marketing or creative vendors.
● Prepare and send weekly CEO Report detailing week’s activities, updates
● Ensure team attends at least one approved continuing education type conference
● Budget adherence
● Board Meeting materials Prep
● Experience and talent in photography, videography, video production & editing
● Strong skills using design and editing software (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, Premier, etc.)
● Excellent organizational and leadership skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively to meet deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
● Ability to work in and contribute to a strong team environment while working on big
strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks
● An attention to detail to continually assess organizational needs
● Strong computer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results
● Familiarity with Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, etc.)
● Understanding of social media
● Ability to take initiative, self-motivated and able to work independently while responding
well under pressure with strict time limits
● Knowledge of nonprofit promotional strategies and working within a budget.
● Ability to think both creatively and strategically that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
● Web infrastructure and web development experience/ability.
● You’re passionate about HIA and our mission
Job Title: Office Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: 8:30-5:00 Mon-Fri
We are looking for a skilled office coordinator to undertake a variety of day-to-day office and administrative duties. You will be an integral part of ensuring office operations run smoothly and support other organizational activities.
- Reliable: Responsible, available, and present
- Self-motivated: Always looking for ways to do something better; forward-thinking planner
- Organized: Strong prioritization skills with a passion for multitasking and the details
What You’ll Do:
- Greet visitors, offer refreshments, and alert appropriate staff of their arrival
- Manage schedules for conference and community spaces and troubleshoot scheduling conflicts
- Handle communication with housekeeping services
- Monitor and order inventory for office, printers, break room supplies, and snacks/fruit
- Monitor and order inventory for Pepsi-Cola soda machine
- Handle HIA magazine mailing each quarter
- Assist with researching, ordering, storing, and managing inventory of marketing materials
- Coordinate travel arrangements; including registration, hotel, flights, and rental cars
- Oversee vehicle checkout keeping maintenance logs up-to-date
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, mail, and packages
- Support the Events Team in planning, logistics, and day of coordination and execution of meetings, events, and special projects; traveling approximately 30% of the time
- Light housekeeping of conference rooms, break areas, and common areas
- Open and close the office and prepare break areas for the following day
- Install seasonal decorations in public areas, such as in the lobby, the Great Room, the Executive wing, and in break rooms
- Submit maintenance requests, as needed, for general office space
- Establish and implement office procedures and practices
- Run errands
- 1-2 years of administrative, facilities, or office experience
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to bustle about, bend, squat, and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Having a positive and professional attitude
- Previous experience in meeting and event planning
- Composure under pressure when faced with overlapping schedules, multiple deadlines, and competing events
- Able to work some nights, weekends, and overnights based on event schedule
- Ability to travel (in and out of state) based on event schedule
Bonus Points If:
- Your prior work experience includes time spent in a small, fast-scaling organization
- You’ve worked with Google Suite
- You’re passionate about HIA and our mission